Sunday, July 17, 2011

Flower Food

I saw this on The Nate Berkus Show (yeah, I watch him a lot):

 

They used Oreo cookie crumbs for the "dirt" (pretty clever!) and made leaves out of fondant.  The cupcakes were placed in the pots with the aid of toothpicks. 

This is my attempt.  Close, but no cigar:





I made the cupcakes with my cousins (we didn't have the icing nozzles, so we didn't get the flower petal look).  I was in a hurry (leaving to a picnic) so, I didn’t have time to make fondant leaves…so I used some real ones (of course, after rinsing them).  

At the end of the day, it's all cupcakes and are all likely to taste good (although, I'm sure theirs were tastier as they were Gorgetown Cupcakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...

Thanks for Following!

Search This Blog

Google Website Translator